Friday, April 23, 2010
Ssshhh... My body doesn't know we're not in the second trimester yet
I haven't thrown up in THREE DAYS now. That's a pretty big accomplishment at this point! Yesterday I ate 96 grams of protein -- the first time I've been able to eat 70 or more since my midwife told me that's my target number (which was about three weeks ago). And this morning I woke up, looked around my apartment, and decided everything needed to get cleaned. I dusted places I haven't seen in quite some time, and that I might not see again until we move in August. Zach will be happy to come home to a clean apartment for once after duty. Still sleepy, still moody, but I'm able to eat, and I get these lovely energy bursts that allow me to be productive :) I'm 11 weeks & 6 days (11w6d) right now, so over the next week or so, things should start feeling even more normal for me. I don't really look pregnant though, so I'm going to have to find a way to keep myself convinced that I am. The second trimester is when I really need to start gaining more weight, and as of right now I still fit into all my pants (even if I unbutton them when I sit down...). My 26th birthday is this Thursday, and that's also when we get to hear the heartbeat for the first time, which is probably going to be the coolest birthday present ever :) Zach might not be able to stop me from buying a home doppler system so I can listen to the heartbeat anytime I want. Hey, they're only $60-75, and I can keep it for use throughout this and future pregnancies, so it seems like a good investment to me! Especially since after Thursday I'll know how to find Little Bit myself. I didn't want to order it before this appointment for fear of not quite knowing what I was doing and working myself into a tizzy because I couldn't hear anything. Plus I really like the midwife we have our appointment scheduled with, and it's something I want to be able to share with her. That's gotta be one of the bigger perks of the job, is seeing new parents' faces light up at the first sound of their baby's heartbeat. Just wanted to do a quick update since it's been a few days. I still have to catch up on the ultrasound entry at some point, but I didn't want that to deter me from writing something today. Hope everyone's had a wonderful week, and has an amazing weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Random, I know...but saw a comment you posted somewhere and wanted to let you know how sorry I was for your losses. I am so, so sorry.
ReplyDelete